Walking Rt 6 through Goochland County

Yay for dads who also like to walk.

Betty McCracken walked down Rt. 6 with me and Dad to give us our very own farm and history tour.

The "State Farm" correctional center in Goochland County.  Notice that the clocks on the tower have no hands with which to tell time. I bet there is a good story behind that.

Dad waiting under a gas station awning in Crozier, VA during sudden afternoon thunderstorm. I made it to the Post Office before the rain dumped down on our way to Brookview Farm.
Dad and I visited and stayed at Brookview Farm, owned by Rossie and Sandy Fisher.  They have received many accolades for environmental stewardship on their cattle farm, including permanent conservation easement, organic practices, and reforestation along some steep slopes and near the stream.

Sandy (left) leads me and Dad on a ride through his pastures to see some of his cattle and trees that have been planted.

Part of the herd at Brookview Farm, which includes a variety of interesting breeds of cattle.


Sandy treated us strangers like royalty - he is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment